The Faculty of Law, Economics, and Governance at Utrecht University is searching for an excellent project manager in the newly defined multidisciplinary field of Urban-Rural Interactions in a Circular Economy (URC).
Acting as a driving force in further developing their URC theme, the candidate will support the researchers in articulating innovative project ideas and help them in building up and strengthening a strong network within the EWUU alliance home institutes, and bridging this to relevant societal partners.
On top of this, they are determined to track and stimulate actual progress in terms of deliverables and the impact of our URC theme, thereby contributing to the visibility and appreciation of the work of all staff and partners involved. An inherent part of their work is the continuous spotting of opportunities for external research funding or business contracts, bringing this to life in the actual development of consortia and research proposals in which EWUU researchers participate.
The transition to a circular economy and society is a priority but an unruly policy goal. The EWUU alliance has chosen Circular Society as one of its main programmes for collaboration. Within this programme, a thematic focus is placed on the interface between cities and their surrounding rural areas. This interface is essential for a successful and rapid transition to a circular society.
The position involves the following activities:
- Drawing up (parts of) URC research lines, addressing regional circular water management, the agrotransition and digital twinning/serious gaming;
- Further identifying and connecting researchers of all four EWUU institutions who might contribute to these research lines;
- Initiating and managing joint platform activities, such as workshops, sandpit sessions, symposia and conferences;
- Initiating and managing internal seed funding calls that EWUU provides as to spark new cross disciplinary cooperations and community building within our home institutes;
- Exploring new research ideas and supporting researchers in clearly articulating research questions, approaches, solutions and impact in project proposals or business contracts;
- Identifying promising funding opportunities and specific calls for proposals (both national and international)
- Consortium formation connecting EWUU researchers as well as public and private partners outside EWUU to respond to such calls;
- Contributing to the building of longer-lasting communities and partnerships that will form a basis for applying to specific calls for proposals;
- Bringing the activities and outcomes of URC to the attention of the academic community and societal parties.
The position offers:
- A gross salary, depending on previous qualifications and experience, ranges between €4,332 and €6,737.
- Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year.
- Including other fringe benefits.
The faculty seeks excellent candidates who would ideally meet the following requirements:
- A MSc or PhD degree level in a relevant field (e.g. sustainable transition processes, circular economy);
- A proven track record in defining and attracting innovative research projects and funding in national or international consortia;
- Excellent networking skills with a demonstrable external network in sustainability transitions;
- Ability to build longer-term partnerships between academics and (inter)national external networks as a basis for well balanced consortia for successful research proposals;
- Affinity with the CE transition and its challenges;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral);
- Strong analytical, organizational and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team player;
- Well-organized, autonomous, flexible, service- and result oriented; deadline-driven, proactive, driving force in cooperations.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- curriculum vitae,
- a letter of motivation.
To apply for the Project manager Urban-Rural Interactions in a Circular Economy, click here.
Deadline: September 03, 2023.
For more information on Project manager Urban-Rural Interactions in a Circular Economy, visit the official site.