Applications are welcome to the Québec Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students (PBEEE) for the 2022/2023 Academic year.
The objective of the Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students (PBEEE) is to support the internationalization of research activities in Québec’s institutions of higher education, to attract top foreign researchers and students, and to promote international recognition of Québec universities and College Centres for the Transfer of Technologies (CCTT). The program covers higher education as a whole by giving the CCTT researchers and administrators the opportunity to participate.
More generally, the awarding of scholarships for foreign students is aimed at creating cultural links and allowing the setting up of possible common scientific research projects.
The Merit Scholarship Programs for Foreign Students has three components:
- Doctoral research scholarships (V1, 1B, 1C, 1I, 1IS, 1M, 1W)
- Postdoctoral scholarships (V2, 2B, 2C, 2I, 2M)
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships (V3, 3B, 3C, 3I, 3IS, 3M, 3W)
Starting Date: Between May 1, 2022, and January 15, 2023
Duration: duration varies with each program
- Doctoral research scholarships $25,000 a year.
- Postdoctoral scholarships $35,000 for one year
- Short-term research or professional development scholarships $3,000 a month for a period of up to four months.
In addition to the scholarship, MEES offers all scholarship recipients
- an exemption from paying the higher tuition fees required for foreign students and
- the medical insurance coverage offered by the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec (RAMQ).
The Québec Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students is intended for foreign students or researchers from all research sectors (health, humanities, and social sciences, arts and letters, natural sciences, and engineering).
The first procedure for application is to fill the electronic form (PDF)
Then attach the documents listed below to the electronic form in the “Other documents” section of the application form. However, the student must ensure that the documents are not protected by a password.
- A photocopy of the identification page of a valid passport from the candidate’s country of origin or of any official document that enables the candidate’s citizenship to be determined;
- Transcripts for every year of all university studies, whether completed or not (certificates, diplomas, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Ph.D. etc.);
- Acknowledgements of receipt from the editor for all articles submitted and notices received from editors for articles accepted for publication;
- Letter of acceptance (online);
- Letters of reference (online).
Deadline: November 1, 2021.
For more information and application to Québec Merit Scholarship Program for Foreign Students, visit the official site.