Applications are open for the 2022/2023 Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) for students in low or middle-income Commonwealth countries.
The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) offers a unique opportunity to study for a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, broaden horizons, and build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Duration: 2 years
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships offers:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- (Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval)
Applicants for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships must meet the following requirements:
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- Have a 4-year Bachelor’s Degree
- Applicant must have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application.
- Applicants are required to submit a university application at the same time as their scholarship application.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- Applicants cannot apply for an award in their home country/country of citizenship as this is an international program.
The selection committee assesses applications using four key criteria:
- Academic history/references
- Plan of Study
- Development Impact and Post-Study Outreach
- Creating Networks
To be considered for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships, applicants must submit all required application materials:
- The application form consists of the following sections:
- Personal Details
- Academic & Employment Record
- A course at the host university details
- Upload supporting documents (including references)
Deadline: January 29, 2022.
For more information on Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships, visit the official site.