The Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) is inviting suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the Science & Technology Postgraduate Scholarships for the 2020/2021 academic year.
These Scholarships are tenable in any of the following fields of study; Geology, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Pharmacognosy, Forensics, Renewable Energy, Food Science, Agriculture, Nutrition, Pathology, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Mining, Fourth Industrial revolution courses (41 R) Nuclear Science and Technology, Space Science and Technology, and Education with Science subjects. This is in line with the Ministry’s long-term objective of promoting a cadre of researchers at the postgraduate level, especially increased participation of women in Science and Technology studies for the purposes of lecturing in the universities or conduct research in the scientific institutions.
The Zambia Science and Technology Postgraduate Scholarships will be offered to candidates who will meet the following requirements:
- Must be Zambian and in possession of a Green National Registration Card (NRC);
- Must have a full grade 12 certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels;
- PhD applicants must have a Master of Science Degree or its equivalent in a science-related field which is an acceptable prerequisite to the field being applied for;
- MSc applicants must have a Bachelor of Science or its equivalent in a science-related field;
- Must possess letters of acceptance from a recognized accredited local Public Universities
- Maximum age of 40 years for Male and 45 years for Female at MSc, and
- Maximum age of 45 years for male and 50 years for female at PhD.
To apply for this scholarship, the following documents should be submitted:
- Curriculum Vitae
- An application letter responding to the advertisement;
- Validated copies of Degree Certificates by ZAQA, official transcripts of results, photocopy of NRC;
- A photocopy of the Acceptance Letter from a recognized accredited local Public University ,
- Letters of recommendation from employers. However, those in informal employment must submit supporting documents showing their entrepreneurship in science and technology related field;
- Two recent passport size photos of the candidate;
- A duly completed application form obtained from the Ministry of Higher Education and
- Names and addresses of three (3) traceable referees.
For detailed information on how to apply, clicking here
Deadline: December 11, 2020.
For more information visit the official site.