Wageningen University & Research in the Netherlands calls for applications for a Research Assistant at Meteorology and Air Quality Group.
For this position, the work includes preparation of computer practicals, management and applicability of large data files for model studies, and development and maintenance of software for atmospheric data collection of the stations Veenkampen, Loobos, and the Amsterdam Atmospheric Monitoring Supersite. Furthermore, the management of model versions in use at MAQ, (co-)solving complex programmatic problems in model use such as Weather Research Forecasting and large-eddy simulation techniques, as well as management and support in the use of workstations and advanced computers. And in addition, the candidate will support scientific staff and faculty in the use of models in teaching. Finally, they proactively and on their own initiative, stimulate the exchange of knowledge and model tools between staff members. They thus act as the spider in the web and point of contact for staff and students in the use of atmospheric models for teaching and research at MAQ.
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment which include:
- a gross monthly salary of between € 3.098,- and € 5.439,- for a full-time working week of 38 hours;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation/holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
to be eligible for Research Assistant at Meteorology and Air Quality Group, the following applies:
- Bachelor or Master’s degree with a solid background in applications of ICT, such as Linux, Python, Fortran, Shell Scripting, version control, parallel codes, and supercomputing platforms;
- Candidates with a PhD will also be considered if they are interested in the position;
- A team player who is customer and service-oriented.
- Experience with the use of atmospheric models;
- A driving license is desired;
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
Applications should include the following information (submitted in one pdf):
- A full academic CV
- A letter of motivation.
To apply for Research Assistant at Meteorology and Air Quality Group, click here.
Application Deadline: November 07, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.