The department of Cognitive Neuroscience (CNS) is looking for an enthusiastic research assistant with scientific interest, who possess great organizational and planning skills and the ability to work in teams.
The project is embedded in the unique and excellent infrastructure of the department of Cognitive Neuroscience (CNS). The CNS department aims to understand the development and function of the nervous system in health and disease with a special focus on neurodevelopmental, stress-related, and sensory disorders.
In this study, they will conduct a multi-site case-control study in preschoolers aged 3-5 years with ASD, ADHD, or Intellectual Disability, and healthy controls over 3-time points. Phenotyping involves questionnaires and semi-structured interviews probing the presence and severity of ASD, ADHD, and comorbidities. The MRI session is conducted in the evening hours, while the pre-schoolers are asleep, and includes structural MRI, MRS, resting-state functional, and diffusion MRI. Further, EEG/ERP measures, eye-tracking measures and measures for sensory processing, and tablet and computer-based tasks are administered to assess neurocognition.
Duration: 2 years with a possible extension of 1 year
The tasks for the Cognitive Neuroscience position include:
- Contacting and inviting participants or their families and scheduling assessments.
- Administering and scoring clinical, behavioral, and cognitive measures.
- Collecting EEG/ERP and eye-tracking measures.
- Acquiring MRI measures.
- Data processing and storage.
- Frequent communication (through teleconferences etc.) with the teams at the other sites.
- A gross monthly salary between min € 2497 – max € 3355
- In addition to the monthly salary and an annual vacation allowance of 8%, they will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
- They will also receive an allowance for irregular hours.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium. While candidates pay the rest of the premium with their gross salary.
- Discount on health insurance as well: they can take advantage of two group health insurance plans. UMC Zorgverzekering and CZ collectief.
They seek candidates who speak Dutch fluently and have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Furthermore, candidates who recognize themselves in the profile below:
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Neuroscience, or related discipline.
- Experience in administering clinical, behavioral, and/or cognitive measures.
- Preferably experience in working with autistic people and their families.
Interested applicants can apply using the link below attaching the following documents;
- curriculum vitae and
- cover letter
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: September 22, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.