Wageningen University & Research (WUR) is inviting applications for the Research Assistant Position in Food Process Technology in the Netherlands.
As Research Assistants in Food Technology, candidates will contribute to the (further) development of new products and process technologies for the food industry. Wageningen Food & Biobased Research (WFBR), part of Wageningen University & Research, offers a challenging and market-oriented environment where motivated scientific professionals conduct research for companies, government, and knowledge institutions.
Among other things, the candidate will perform the following activities:
- collaborating in multidisciplinary applied scientific research projects aimed at the development of new products based on sustainable ingredients and innovative process technologies;
- carrying out product application and characterization experiments on food products and ingredients (e.g., Physico-chemical analyses), together with other researchers;
- conducting lab and pilot scale experiments with existing and new technologies and raw materials, together with other researchers;
- analyzing, interpreting, and reporting research results;
- the daily management of the equipment and activities in our pilot hall and laboratories for product development, bakery research, and Physico-chemical analyses.
Wageningen University & Research offers excellent terms of employment that include:
- a competitive gross salary of between €2.949,- and €4.809;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and candidates can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Applicants are to possess the following qualifications:
- a completed higher professional education in the field of food technology, chemical technology, Physico-chemical analysis, or a related study.
- a number of years of work experience in R&D within the food industry or experience with pilot-scale research for food production is an advantage;
- substantive knowledge of process technologies for the production of food products, Physico-chemical and rheological properties of food products, and the ingredients used for this.
- excellent communication skills and a good oral and written command of the English language.
Interested applicants are welcome to send the following documents alongside their applications:
- a letter of motivation,
- a detailed CV.
To apply, click here
Deadline: January 30, 2023.
For more information, visit the official site.
Research Assistant Position in Food Process Technology, assistant food technologist jobs, career in food science and technology, latest jobs in food science and technology, research assistant jobs in food science