March 8 – 19, 2021 (Online)
Back! Bigger!! Better!!! This second edition provides an excellent opportunity to develop in-depth research knowledge and skills for a successful research career plus a $100 publishing grant award.
Academic Hive Research Bootcamp is a 2-week intensive training for scholars to develop in-depth knowledge and skills for research. The agenda covers proposal writing, data analytics and publication hacks aimed at preparing and positioning you as a research leader in your institution/organization.
The AH Research Bootcamp is designed to enhance the capacity of young scholars and researchers with deep understanding of modern research practices and how to apply them. Participants will be exposed to a range of research methods, software and resources. At the end of the training, participants will be set to publish their originally-developed research ideas and will be better equipped for a problem-solving career.
Acquire research-based skill building in a supportive setting surrounded by like-minded associates with fun and tailored activities.
● Get help with all stages of your research, from developing a topic to preparing for a viva/presentation.
● Get one-on-one professional support based on your specific research requirements
● Receive coaching, mentoring and collaborate with seasoned researchers within academia and industry.
● Get access to a global network of research professionals
● Access to customizable research and data analysis templates
● Get a database of high-impact open-access journals
● Access to research grant opportunities and funded-research positions
● Receive an internationally-recognized certificate of participation
This program is for:
● Higher education/research students interested in aceing their thesis or dissertation
● Early-career researchers in any location
● Research supervisors willing to learn modern research techniques
● Anyone seeking to do quality inter and multidisciplinary research
● Anyone interested in fact-based (data-driven) decision-making
● Anyone interested in Grant-writing and winning
● Scholars interested in getting published in high-impact factor journals
● Idea/Topic conceptualization
● Critical assessment of literature
● Applications of scientific method & research
● Review of data types & basic statistics
● Qualitative and Quantitative Data Analysis (with the aid of R, SPSS, EViews, MAXQDA)
● Primary and secondary data analysis
● Designing policy-relevant findings, cost-benefit analysis and implementation timelines
● Ethics in publishing
● How to publish in high-impact factor journals
● Workshops and creative writing skill training
● Hands-on training on data analytics software and data visualization
● Fun activities/Icebreakers
● Group discussions
● Collaborative research simulation
Jenine is a prolific Sage Publishing author and Data Scientist. Her recent research interests focus on increasing diversity in data science and improving the quality of research in public health by using reproducible research practices throughout the research process.
Dr Lionel Effiom’s teaching and research interests span international economics, development economics, macroeconomics, econometrics, quantitative methods, and monetary economics. He is a Solicitor and member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
This intensive training is designed to develop and enhance the capacity of young scholars and researchers with deep understanding of modern research practices and how to apply them. Participants will be exposed to a range of research methods, software and resources. At the end of the training, participants will be set to publish their originally-developed research ideas and will be better equipped for a problem-solving career. Simply put, if you want to hone your research skills, this training is for you.
The tuition fee is ₦35,000 ($90).
This amount gives you access to the tremendous amount of resources embedded in this training. This amount is a small commitment to your growth as a research professional.
There is no age limit to participating. We believe that if you are motivated, willing and ready to improve your research competencies, age is not a barrier. We seek to work with motivated individuals across all ages.
No. While Academic Hive is committed to building capacity of African scholars, this training program is open to anyone interested in research and data-driven decision making irrespective of their fields or industry. Grant Writers, Research Supervisors, Business Organizations, Scholars are all welcome.
Technically, yes. Although there will be no live session on Saturday and Sunday. These days are slated to provide individualized support to participants who may have specific research enquiries or requests.
This 10-day training is scheduled for 3 hours per day. Recordings will be available for registered participants who miss out any of the live sessions.
Registration cancellations received prior to the program start date may be eligible to receive a full refund. The participant or card holder must make the refund request 3 days before the start date of the program. Registration cancellations received on or after the program or web conferencing workshop start date will not be eligible for a refund.
Academic Hive may be able to support requests to move participants to a workshop with a different start date. Requests to reschedule the start date for a workshop/course must be received prior to the start date of the session. Individuals requesting to reschedule on or after the start date will have to register for a later session with an additional workshop or course fee.
The course is designed to make you independent and confident while considering publishing your manuscript in a top-tier journal. However, if you seek more support, a minimal additional fee may apply depending on your request. Feel free to contact us. We will be glad to help.
Yes. Participants who successfully complete this training will be awarded an internationally-recognised Certificate of Participation.
An application is complete and valid only after participants have filled the registration form and made full payment here.
To qualify for the grant, register for the research Bootcamp and work on your research idea up to publishing stage. Submit your manuscript to a reputable journal. The term “reputable journal” includes all peer-reviewed or refereed journals not considered to be a predatory journal. Once your manuscript is accepted, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject: Publishing Grant Award.
Further information will be provided during the bootcamp.
Sign up and Register – Limited slots available