The Horticulture and Product Physiology group is looking for Research & Education Assistant in plant performance monitoring using machine vision.
The chair group of Wageningen University & Research (WUR) is keen on hiring a research and education assistant. As an assistant, you will support the technical aspects and measurements of plant physiological research by
- building and testing an imaging system to monitor plant performance
- developing an imaging pipeline with secured data storage
- analysing and validated measurements of plant performance in greenhouses and vertical farms.
- assisting and organizing education and research projects.
In this Research & Education Assistant in Plant Performance Monitoring using Machine Vision, the candidate will;
- cooperate with other researchers, postdocs, PhD students and/or MSc students.
- participate in the educational activities of the group, which include assisting in practicals and research projects for students.
Duration: 3 years
The position, Research & Education Assistant in Plant Performance Monitoring using Machine Vision offer:
- a competitive gross salary of between € 3.024,- and € 4.317,-for a full-time working week of 36 hours
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation/holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
They encourage applicants who meet the following qualifications to apply:
- have at least a bachelor’s degree from a university of applied sciences specialized in mechatronic or optical engineering, or related study
- Experience in using a laser is a plus for this position
- Are a result-driven team player with creative ideas
- Are precise and have organizational skills
Interested applicants are welcome to apply for the Research & Education Assistant in Plant Performance Monitoring using Machine Vision with the following documents.
- A detailed CV
- A letter of motivation.
To apply for the Research & Education Assistant in Plant Performance Monitoring using Machine Vision, click here.
Deadline: April 17, 2023.
For more information, visit the official site.