The department Klinische Farmacie & Farmacologie University Medical Centre Groningen (UMCG) is looking for an enthusiastic statistician with an advanced university degree (PhD, Master’s degree, or equivalent) in statistics, mathematics.
Clinical research within the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacology focuses on personalized medicine for the treatment of renal and cardiovascular complications of type 2 diabetes. Principal investigators within the department are involved in numerous clinical trials and large cohort studies to develop new methods of tailoring medications using biomarker-based approaches and improve clinical trial designs by integrating novel methodological techniques.
The statistician is expected to:
- Carries out advanced level statistical analyses or database development. This may include serving as lead biostatistician or lead data manager for clinical trials performed in cardio-metabolic conditions.
- Train, assist and supervise PhD students and fellows in epidemiology and statistical analyses.
- Assist in writing statistical sections of study reports or publications.
- Identifies the need for, helps write, and reviews Standard Operating Procedures to assure quality of research.
- Represents the Department on committees, task forces, and audits.
- Stays current on relevant research and statistical methodologies and database development via statistical or database training, self-study, internal training and courses, external conferences and courses, for example.
Duration: A full-time employment for 4 years.
The Statistician/Methodologist position covers
- The salary will be a maximum of € 4.615,- gross per month
- 8% holiday pay, and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- And other fringe benefits.
All applicants for the Statistician/Methodologist position must meet the following requirements:
- Experience in the conduct, analysis and interpretation of clinical trials
- The candidate has ample knowledge and experience with statistical software including SAS and R and is able to conduct independent research and analysis.
- Experience with genetic and proteomic analysis of large databases is an advantage.
- The department expect the candidate to demonstrate professional competence and is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- He/she should have ample experience with quantitative research, (big) data analysis, ICT developments in the medical sector, and
- Is proficient in English writing
However, candidates who have (almost) completed a PhD degree in biostatistics, bioinformatics, or related fields are invited to respond.
Applications for the Statistician/Methodologist position should include the following:
- Letter of motivation,
- Curriculum vitae, and
- Contact information of at least two academic references.
To apply for the Research Position: Statistician/Methodologist in the Netherlands, click here.
Application Deadline: January 16, 2022.
For more information on the Position: Statistician/Methodologist in the Netherlands, visit the official site.