The Department of Hematopoiesis, Sanquin is looking for a highly motivated Research Technician, who will be working in their iPSC (induced pluripotent stem cell) facility which is a subgroup within the Department of Hematopoiesis.
The Department contains several research groups that study hematopoietic stem cells supported by mesenchymal stromal cells, T-cell differentiation and activation, and the molecular mechanisms that control megakaryopoiesis and erythropoiesis. At the iPSC facility, they routinely generate and differentiate various hematopoietic/blood cell types. They have a close collaboration with the research groups within the Department, with multiple external research teams and organizations creating a multidisciplinary environment within our facility.
As Research technicians, candidates will be embedded into the facility where they will support research projects and the daily tasks/management of the iPSC facility (e.g. material ordering, aliquoting, training co-workers, etc.). Within the iPSC facility, we use iPSCs as models to study hematopoiesis in health and disease. In addition, they aim to use iPSCs as starting material to produce hematopoietic effector or progenitor cells that will eventually be used for transfusion or transplantation purposes. They reprogram somatic cells from healthy and patient material using various ways to introduce the reprogramming factors (e.g. episomal, Sendai, lentiviral).
Duration: 2 years
Starting Date: September 1, 2023
- salary and conditions conform to CAO Sanquin;
- 8,33% end-of-year bonus; i.e. a thirteenth month in case of full-year employment;
- partial reimbursement of travel costs;
- pension plan with Pensioenfonds Zorg & Welzijn (PFZW);
- at full-time employment (36 hours) 201 hours of leave per annum.
The position Research Technician in Stem Cell seeks applicants with the following qualifications:
- a minimum of higher laboratory certificate (HLO) in cell biology or a related discipline;
- a maximum of Master’s degree;
- experience in iPSC handling will be a competitive advantage;
- an independent, responsible, and team-oriented candidate;
- good communication and writing skills in English.
Interested applicants are welcome to apply for the Research Technician in Stem Cell with the following documents.
- A detailed CV
- A letter of motivation.
- Names and contact information of at least 2 references.
To apply for the position of Research Technician in Stem Cells, click here.
Deadline: May 10, 2023.
For more information on the position of Research Technician in Stem Cells, visit the official site.