Utrecht University Department of Biology, Plant-Microbe Interactions Research Technician Molecular Plant Microbiome Studies.
As Research Technician, he/she will support a collegial research team in the field of plant-microbiome interactions. He/she will be responsible for the partly robotized plant microbiome DNA isolation and analysis pipeline and for the development, maintenance, and utilization of large microbial culture collections.
The discovery that beneficial root microbiota enhance plant growth, nutrition, and immunity has fostered bio-based approaches to reduce the use of agrochemicals in crop systems. However, the dream of microbiome-assisted agriculture as a genuine sustainable contribution to global food security will require a deep understanding of the biological principles underlying plant-microbiome interactions. Therefore, the Utrecht PMI team studies molecular mechanisms by which plants orchestrate interactions with beneficial microbes in the plant microbiome. Our research goals are being achieved by using Arabidopsis as a model as well as economically relevant crop species, such as potatoes.
- a full-time gross salary between € 2693 and € 4103;
- 8% holiday bonus and 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- attractive retirement scheme;
- partly paid) parental leave, sports
- and flexible employment conditions
For this vacancy, applicants are to bring enthusiasm, passion, and the following essential requirements:
- a degree (HBO) in life sciences. Plant sciences or related field;
- expertise in molecular microbiology techniques;
- excellent command of English;
- good communication and organization skills;
- experience with DNA-related work;
- experience with plant-related research;
- affinity with robotic high-throughput technologies;
- basic knowledge of bioinformatics.
- proactive and collegial.
Interested applicants are to apply with the following documents;
- letter of motivation clearly outlining why this position interests them, their motivation for joining their team and what makes them a suitable candidate
- curriculum vitae;
- the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least two references;
- a copy of their HBO diploma, or a letter from their educational organization stating when their degree will be issued.
To apply for the Research Technician Molecular Plant Microbiome Studies, click here.
Deadline: September 18, 2023.
For more information on Research Technician Molecular Plant Microbiome Studies, visit the official site.