The Healthcare Governance (HCG) department of Erasmus School of Health Policy & Management (ESHPM) are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic PhD candidate who wants to study regional governance in healthcare (Researcher Control Issues and Regionalization of Care).
Regional cooperation is becoming increasingly important in the healthcare sector to tackle complex challenges, for example when it comes to capacity problems and labour market shortages. Acute care is also increasingly being organized regionally. Expectations regarding regionalization in healthcare are high. The region is seen as a place to provide appropriate care, shape prevention, reduce socio-economic health differences, and organize patient-oriented chain care. At the same time, this development raises various questions about governance and accountability and about the position of public and private actors in healthcare, but also ethical issues such as what exactly constitutes appropriate healthcare and for whom.
Duration: Fixed-term employment: 1.5 to 3 or 5 years.
The position offer:
- The salary for a full-time appointment is between € 2,541.00 gross per month (1st year) and € 3,247.00 gross per month (4th year)
- 8% holiday pay, an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% and a very generous leave scheme.
- partially paid parental leave,
- fully paid additional birth leave for partners,
- a discount on the group health insurance and
- a personal career budget.
The Researcher Control Issues and Regionalization of Care seek candidates who:
- have at least a master’s degree in health sciences, sociology, political science, public administration, anthropology, social geography or another comparable master’s degree
- have a good command of qualitative research methods and have an affinity with healthcare
- are flexible and have an interest in the policy and management of healthcare as well as healthcare practice
- have excellent communication and writing skills in Dutch and are able to communicate and write in English at an academic level
- are able to start a conversation with people at these different levels and you have a sensitivity for political processes
- are also a team player who likes to contribute to the joint exploration of a research agenda
All applications must be written in English and contain the following documents:
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A motivation letter
To apply for the Researcher Control Issues and Regionalization of Care, Erasmus University, click here.
Deadline: July 24, 2023.
For more information on Researcher Control Issues and Regionalization of Care, Erasmus University, visit the official site.