Wageningen University and Research are looking for a researcher who is enthusiastic to develop nature-based solutions (NBS) for supporting landscapes towards climate adaptive regions within and outside the Netherlands.
As a nature-based adaptation specialist, you will work at the regional level in the Netherlands as well as abroad.
Candidates will primarily work in complex governance settings involving multiple stakeholders. The work process will be science-based and user-driven and integrates biophysical, ecological, social, climate change, and governance knowledge. They will make use of a research-by-design approach to explore the potential of NbS in close collaboration with partners.
And will actively contribute to the strategic programs Green Climate Solutions.
Duration: 24 months.
The task includes:
- Co-designing NbS in close collaboration with local and regional stakeholders to make coastal and river areas more robust in the face of increasing weather extremes and salinization;
- Assessing climate vulnerability of landscapes and food systems
- Developing evidence-based knowledge on the potential of NBS for climate adaptive landscapes and resilient food systems
- Assessing environmental, social, and economic costs and benefits of NbS;
- Assessing opportunities and barriers for accelerating and scaling NbS;
- Contributing to the acquisition of a sustainable project portfolio.
- a gross monthly salary between € 3.527,- and € 5.479, depending on experience
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Applicants for Researcher on Nature-Based Adaptation in Regional Landscapes should meet the following criteria:
- a university degree (MSc) in environmental sciences, climate change, landscape architecture, agriculture /food systems, or related studies;
- experience in co-designing nature-based adaptation strategies and solutions in complex governance settings;
- experience in the use of a research-by-design approach;
- a great teammate who can work independently and in close collaboration with colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and research funding agencies;
- experience in the integration of biophysical, ecological, climate, and social aspects in landscape planning;
- excellent writing and oral communication skills in Dutch and English for diverse audiences;
- experience in assessing the effectiveness and robustness of NbS;
- experience in project acquisition – having a customer-oriented attitude.
The application for Researcher on Nature-Based Adaptation in Regional Landscapes should include:
- Cover letter and
- Curriculum vitae.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 03, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.