Wageningen University & Research (WUR) is looking for a researcher who is enthusiastic to develop nature-based solutions (NBS) to support the transition toward climate adaptive and nature-inclusive cities within and outside the Netherlands (Urban Landscapes).
As a nature-based adaptation specialist, you will work at the Urban level in the Netherlands as well as abroad.
Candidates will primarily work in complex governance settings involving multiple stakeholders. The work process will be science-based and user-driven and integrates biophysical, ecological, social, climate change, and governance knowledge. They will make use of a research-by-design approach to explore the potential of NbS in close collaboration with partners.
The task includes:
- Planning and co-designing innovative NbS in close collaboration with local authorities, urban planners, and other stakeholders to make cities more robust in the face of increasing weather extremes;
- Developing NbS by integrating biophysical, social, and cultural aspects of urban landscapes in combination with leading-edge technology on water management, green infrastructure, and sustainable energy use;
- Developing evidence-based knowledge on the potential of NBS for climate mitigation & adaptation, and biodiversity;
- Identifying opportunities and barriers for accelerating and scaling NbS;
- Contributing to the acquisition of a sustainable national and international project portfolio.
- a gross monthly salary between €3.527,- and €5.479, depending on experience
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Applicants for the position on Nature-Based Adaptation in Urban Landscapes should meet the following criteria:
- a university degree (MSc) in environmental sciences, climate change, landscape architecture, agriculture /food systems, or related studies;
- experience in co-designing nature-based adaptation strategies and solutions in complex governance settings;
- experience in the use of a research-by-design approach;
- a great teammate who can work independently and in close collaboration with colleagues, partners, stakeholders, and research funding agencies;
- experience in the integration of biophysical, ecological, climate, and social aspects in landscape planning;
- experience in assessing the effectiveness and robustness of NbS;
- excellent writing and oral communication skills in Dutch and English for diverse audiences.
The application for the position on Nature-Based Adaptation in Urban Landscapes should include:
- Cover letter and
- A curriculum vitae.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 03, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.