Application is open to the Rotary Peace Masters and Professional Development Certificate Fellowships 2022-23.
Each year, The Rotary Foundation awards up to 50 fellowships for master’s degrees and 80 for certificate studies at premier universities. The Rotary Peace Fellowship is designed for leaders with work experience in peace and development. Our fellows are committed to the community and international service and the pursuit of peace.
Through academic training, practice, and global networking opportunities, the Rotary Peace Centers program develops the capacity of peace and development professionals or practitioners to become experienced and effective catalysts for peace. The fellowships cover tuition and fees, room and board, round-trip transportation, and all internship and field-study expenses.
Master’s degree programs
Accepted candidates study peace and development issues with research-informed teaching and a diverse student body. The programs last for months and include a two- to three-month field study, which participants design themselves.
Professional development certificate program
During the one-year blended learning program, experienced peace and development professionals with diverse backgrounds gain practical skills to promote peace within their communities and across the globe. Fellows complete field studies and they also design and carry out a social change initiative. This program is intended for working professionals.
Duration: 15-24 months.
The fellowship covers
- tuition and fees,
- room and board,
- round-trip transportation, and
- all internship and field-study expenses, including
- reasonable accommodations as needed for people with disabilities.
The Master’s degree candidates must:
- Be proficient in English
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Be early-career candidates who demonstrate a commitment to peace and conflict resolution, are able to undertake extensive reading research, and participate actively within a diverse cohort of students.
- Have a strong commitment to cross-cultural understanding and peace as shown through professional and academic achievements and personal or community service
- Potential for leadership
- Have at least three years of full-time experience in peace or development work
- Rotary encourages people with disabilities and from other diverse backgrounds to apply.
Deadline: May 15, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.