The Mastercard Foundation in collaboration with The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (Ruforum) calls for applications for its postdoctoral scholarship program for African students.
This scholarship opportunity is open to African students of all race, color, descent and who in particular are economically disadvantaged and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa. The applicant has to be in a position to qualify for admission into undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs at Gulu University and/or Egerton University as listed above. Students already having a scholarship of any kind are not eligible to benefit from this scholarship opportunity, anyone, with a double scholarship if found will automatically be discontinued.
The Ruforum is a full board comprehensive scholarship that covers:
- tuition fees,
- one return air ticket for African students from outside Uganda and Kenya,
- research costs,
- workshop and conference costs,
- living expenses including stipend and hostel,
- internship attachment,
- community engagement and field attachment, and
- entrepreneurship training.
- Be a national of Kenya or Uganda to benefit from the national respective scholarship quota
- Be a citizen of any African country to benefit from the Africa region scholarship quota
- Demonstrate interest in agriculture, agribusiness, and entrepreneurship.
- Be from economically disadvantaged, marginalized communities, coming from conflict and post-conflict areas.
- Demonstrate commitment to leadership.
- Be less than 30 years at the time of application for the Master’s program.
- The applicant should meet admission criteria to eligible programs in the University of choice (Egerton University or Gulu University). Continuing students are NOT eligible.
- For admission into the two universities, one must have completed a relevant Bachelor Degree with second class honors, upper-division.
- Have a commitment to working in agriculture, agricultural value chains, and rural development.
- Have a strong commitment to community engagement and transformation
- Females are particularly encouraged to apply.
Application for admission (online or hard copies) and scholarship must be submitted to the respective university of choice
For detailed information on how to apply, click here
Deadline: March 31, 2021
For more information visit the official site.