The South Africa Breweries (SAB) (a proud part of the ABInBev family) is inviting ambitious, curious, and driven Agriculture graduates to join them for a 12-month (fixed-term contract) structured internship based in Kimberley.
They need applicants to be flexible, agile, resilient, and open to taking on any challenges whilst learning! During this time, successful candidates will get an opportunity to really showcase their skills! They will be working with SAB’s best leaders and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring!
The program, however, is designed to provide Agricultural graduates an intensive focussed training program, where they will gain insight into every aspect of agricultural development within the South African Breweries environment.
The SAB program will include practical exposure to the following:
- Basic understanding of the malting and brewing process
- Operation of farm equipment
- Safety in the workplace
- Introduction to barley breeding and barley seed chain
- Research and development methodology and practical execution of field trials
- Input cost budgets and tracking. Marketing environment and marketing of barley
- Production practices of raw materials for the use in brewing (Barley, maize, sorghum and cassava)
- Official certification:
- BASOS (Fertiliser recommendations)
- AVCASA (Chemical recommendations)
- Grading courses (Barley and maize)
- Completed qualification or final year graduate (BTech in Agriculture or BAgric or BSc Agric or BSc Agric Hon or MSc Agric)
- Must major in Agronomy/Plant production/Crop Production and Soil Science
- No more than 3 years formal work experience post achieving their qualification
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- A valid drivers’ licence would be an advantage
- Willing to relocate to Kimberley for a 12-month period commencing January 2022.
- No health risk or allergy to dust and excessive pollen
Applications for the SAB internship must include the following Documents
- Curriculum Vitae/resume.
- Motivation Letter.
- Higher education entrance qualification.
- Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree Certificate.
- Transcript of Records
To apply, click here.
Deadline: Not specified
For more information on SAB Agriculture Internship Program 2022, visit the official site.