The Schlumberger Foundation is currently accepting new applications for the 2023–2024 Faculty for the Future Fellowships award for women in STEM.
The program’s long-term goal is to accelerate gender equality in STEM by generating conditions that result in more women pursuing scientific careers by alleviating some of the barriers they encounter when enrolling in STEM disciplines. The program is committed to gender parity in science in the interests of sustainable development and recognizes that full access to and participation in a STEM curriculum is essential for the empowerment of women and girls. By accelerating gender equality in STEM, the talent and capacities of these women can be developed for the benefit of their local communities, regions, and nations.
This program acts as a catalyst for these women to further tap into their potential. Through heightened motivation, sharpened self-awareness and a lasting passion for science they in turn capture the imagination of other women and girls around them to regard scientific pursuits as a necessary means towards advancement and growth.
Duration: 10 months
Faculty for the Future grants are based on actual costs for eligible expenses up to a maximum of USD
50,000 per year for a Ph.D. and a maximum of USD 40,000 per year for a Post-doc and may be renewed
through to completion of studies.
To be eligible to apply for the Faculty for the Future Fellowships for women in STEM applicants must meet the following criteria: candidates:
- are a female and are a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy where women are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- and are preparing for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research in a STEM discipline.
- hold an excellent academic record;
- are willing to go back to their home country or region upon completion of their studies to contribute to its socio-economic development;
A successful application will have gone through four selection rounds, with the reviewers paying particular attention to the following criteria:
- Academic performance;
- Quality of references;
- Quality of host country university;
- Level of commitment to return to home country;
- Commitment to teaching, STEM entrepreneurship, or policy-making;
- Relevance of research to home country;
- Commitment to inspiring girls and women into STEM.
Interested applicants for Schlumberger Foundation 2023-24 Faculty for the Future Fellowships for women in STEM can access the online application form and instructions below, complete all required sections and submit it ahead of the deadline.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: November 05, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.