The Schlumberger Foundation is accepting new and renewal applications for the 2024–2025 Faculty for the Future Fellowships.
The Schlumberger Foundation is devoted to gender equality in science and recognizes that full access to and participation in a STEM curriculum is critical for women’s and girls’ empowerment. By facilitating STEM research for women scientists in emerging economies, scientific and technical progress in the local communities and areas where selected applicants are awarded for this programme will be accelerated.
The Faculty for the Future programme, which began in 2004, provides fellowships to women from developing and emerging countries to pursue PhD or post-doctoral studies in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) subjects at world-class universities.
The fellowship includes:
- university tuition and bench fees,
- accommodation costs and a living allowance (e.g., food, a small allowance for books and supplies, medical insurance, child care, transport costs)
- in addition to a budget for initial travel to the host country, visa charges, and conference expenses.
- Grants can be up to USD 50,000 per year for PhD courses and a maximum of USD 40,000 for post-doc research programs.
To be eligible to apply for Schlumberger Foundation fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- are female and are citizens of a developing country or emerging economy where women are underrepresented in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines
- are preparing for a PhD degree or post-doctoral research in a STEM discipline
- hold an excellent academic record
- are enrolled, admitted or have applied to a host university or research institute abroad
- are willing to go back to their home country or region upon completion of their studies to contribute to its socio-economic development.
- Academic performance;
- Quality of references;
- Quality of host university;
- Scientific interest of research proposal;
- Relevance of research to home country;
- Evidence of intent to return to home country;
- Commitment to teaching;
- Commitment to inspiring young women to pursue scientific studies.
For detailed information on how to apply for the Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships (USD 50,000 Grants), click here
Deadline: November 10, 2023.
For more information on Schlumberger Foundation Faculty for the Future Fellowships (USD 50,000 Grants), visit the official site.