Call for application is currently ongoing from the Women for Africa Foundation 7th edition of its Science by Women Visiting Senior Research Fellowships in Spanish Centers of Excellence.
The Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA), in line with its mission of contributing to the development of Africa through the drive of its women, launched the SCIENCE BY WOMEN program, with the aims of promoting African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and fostering the capacity of the research centers in their home countries. Its ultimate goal is to enable African women researchers to play a leading role in the transition of Africa to a knowledge-based and innovation-led economy and thereby in the transformation of people’s daily lives.
The Science by Women program is a visiting senior research fellowship for experienced African women researchers in different international research centers of excellence based in Spain. The preferred areas of research include:
- Health and Bio-medicine
- Energy, Water and Climate Change
- Sustainable Agriculture and Food Safety
Duration: 6 months and above
Successful candidates will have access to the following benefits:
- Return flight from their centre of origin to the host institution
- Living allowance of 2.400 Euros per month to cover accommodation, personal expenses and health and occupational accident insurance coverage.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Being a woman
- Having the nationality of an African country
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience
- Having a PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience
- Current contractual relationship with a university or a public or private non-profit organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated above
- Solid working knowledge of English
- Proven experience leading a research group
A complete application to the Science by Women fellowship program must include the following:
- Full curriculum vitae (Europass format is ecommended)
- Fully filled form
- Letter of Interest (maximum 1 page)
- Brief and concise description of the project to be developed in the Spanish host centre (maximum 2 pages).
To apply to the Science by Women Visiting Senior Research Fellowships, click here
Deadline: September 30, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.