The call for applications is currently ongoing for the Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation 2024 Scholarship Program.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Sciences Po aims to support talented African students through their studies and to offer the next generation of leaders a world-class social science education, so they can go on to become change-makers in their home countries. The scholarships offered in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation are merit-based scholarships for students from sub-Saharan African countries with an outstanding academic record and strong leadership potential, but who face financial and other barriers to higher education.
The Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation is a fully funded scholarship program.
To be eligible for the Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation scholarship, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Show a willingness to commit to bringing about change in Africa and making a genuine impact on the region in the areas of public policy and major political, environmental and societal transitions.
- Have a demonstrable need for higher education funding.
- Provide a recommendation from his/her university.
- Have obtained a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) by the following academic year.
- Be applying for a two-year Master’s programme at one of Sciences Po’s seven Graduate Schools.
- Have attained a minimum C1 level in French or English, depending on the program he/she is applying for.
- Not have obtained or be working towards a prior Master’s degree.
- Be under 35 at the start of the graduate academic year.
On the scholarship site, applicants are to submit the following documents:
- Personal details
- A letter of recommendation from the academic advisor at his/her university to support his/her application.
- Full information and evidence regarding your financial circumstances.
- Information regarding your academic record and extra-curricular attainments.
- A statement detailing your varied experiences of and view on issues specifically affecting Africa, and explaining how you plan to achieve change on the continent.
For detailed information on how to apply for the Sciences Po Mastercard Foundation 2024 Scholarship Program, click here
Deadline: November 26, 2023.
For more information on the Mastercard Foundation 2024 Scholarship Program, visit the official site.