The Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script” (SCRIPTS) calls for applications to its visiting program for international guest doctoral researchers, starting in the first trimester of 2022.
The research training fellowship program is a visiting fellowship and for early career researchers. Ideally, the fellowship at SCRIPTS would take place during the main part of the doctoral program, neither at the very beginning nor at the end of it. The aim of the training fellowship is to improve the theoretical and methodological capacities (methods courses and counseling) of the fellows. The program offers mentorship, a tailored course program, and intellectual engagements with peers.
SCRIPTS fellowships cover a monthly stipend of €1500.
- SCRIPTS seeks to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply.
- Applicants with severe disabailities who have equivalent qualifications will receive preferential consideration.
- People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply.
- Interested applicants must already be enrolled in a PhD program from an academic institution in the Global South and their enrolment must be valid throughout the fellowship.
Applicants are to provide the following information for the application:
- Motivation letter explaining the fit with SCRIPTS
- 1-page explaining why SCRIPTS would be the optimal place to receive training, including a suggestion of how he/she would fit with the cluster’s agenda and who could mentor their project
- 1-page statement about what kind of training he/she need and how they intend to get it within SCRIPTS
- 3-page outline of their PhD thesis.
To apply for SCRIPTS Research Training Fellowships for international Ph.D. students, click here
Deadline: November 15, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.