Applications are currently welcome for the Senior Application Specialist – Automation position at ReGEN Biomedical in Maastricht.
As a Senior Application Specialist, the candidate will be in charge of operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting the automated pilot line for the production of micro- and microtissues at ReGEN Biomedical in your capacity as the Senior Application Specialist – Automation. This entails setting up the automated machinery to perform the desired tasks, planning the experiments to make the most of the machinery, keeping track of all activity, and reporting on development and technical difficulties.
Duration: 1-year contract, with a view to permanent employment.
In this role, the tasks will include:
- programming and running routine experiments on the automated line, consisting of automated equipment such as a liquid handler, plate hotel incubator, microscope, and robotic arm
- ensuring timely equipment maintenance and tracking software updates
- inventory management and purchasing of cells, reagents, and consumables
- ensuring proper documentation of all experiments
- maintaining strong communication with other technical team members
- keeping management up to date with experimental progress and technical challenges or opportunities
An appropriate salary will be offered for the position, depending on education and experience, including excellent secondary employment conditions.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
ReGEN Biomedical is looking for an independent and collaborative engineer with the following skills and experiences. However, they encourage applications from interested candidates even if they do not fulfill every requirement.
- A generalist who has worked on a variety of projects used a variety of scientific equipment, and stays up to date with the latest scientific advances would be a great fit for this position
- PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Automation, or a related field is preferred, but not a necessity for a candidate with suitable experience and aptitude
- Experience with basic cell culture and some form of complex, automated equipment
- Experience with writing software code is a strong plus
- Understanding IP protection and regulatory processes is beneficial
- Experience with developing 3D CAD drawings is a strong plus
- Structured approach, attention to detail
- Organizational skills, hands-on mentality
- Result-oriented, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good reporting skills – experience with electronic lab notebooks preferred
- Ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary team members
- Good communication skills.
The application should include:
- Curriculum vitae. And
- A cover letter that describes the candidate’s personal motivation and qualifications specifically for the position.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 03, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.