Wageningen University & Research is looking for an experienced colleague with a market- and customer-oriented attitude and a great affinity for applied scientific research (Senior Impact Evaluation Researcher and Project Manager).
The candidate should have a track record in designing and implementing impact evaluations of interventions in low- and middle-income countries is a must. He/she should have excellent project-leading skills in that field.
Here, the candidate will be working in the expertise group International Policy, one of seven expertise groups at Wageningen Economic Research. The International Policy group is committed to contributing to a more sustainable world by doing applied socio-economic research for food businesses, governments, and NGOs. The group comprises a multidisciplinary and multinational team of micro and macro modeling experts and researchers in policy and impact analysis.
As a Senior Impact Evaluation Researcher and Project Manager, the most important activities in doing this project will be:
- leading and working in project teams that vary in size and complexity. These may vary from about five colleagues at Wageningen Economic Research to larger teams consisting of researchers from different organizations and subcontractors.
- These could be from other organizational divisions such as Wageningen Plant Research but also international consortia;
- designing projects in which clients are supported in the design and evaluation of development interventions. In these evaluations, both quantitative and qualitative research methods will be used;
- maintaining regular contact with clients, whereby proactively managing the relationship to ensure that recommendations are relevant and actionable, whilst being evidence-based.
- contributing to the acquisition of new applied research projects based on his/her active network in agricultural development settings.
- a competitive gross salary of between € 3.527,- and € 5.479, depending on experience;
- the option to accrue additional compensation/holiday hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and paid parental leave;
- a fixed December bonus of 8.3%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Applicants for the Senior Impact Evaluation Researcher and Project Manager should have the following qualifications:
- a PhD in development, environmental or agricultural economics, development studies, sociology, or anthropology. Plus, three to five years of applied research experience;
- experience with leading projects with public and private sector clients and NGOs in agricultural value chains, with project acquisition as a plus;
- highly developed analytical skills, experience with quantitative impact evaluation methods and data analysis, and knowledge of R and preferably survey design;
- excellent spoken and written communication skills in English and Dutch (French or Spanish is an advantage),
- including experience in presenting and publishing research results in dashboards and reports for the private sector and NGOs;
- willingness to travel, within and outside Europe.
Interested applicants can apply as a Senior Impact Evaluation Researcher and Project Manager and ensure that they attach the following:
- a CV with full
- a letter of motivation
- and the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least two references.
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: August 18, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.