Applications are welcome for the position of Senior Researcher in Dynamic System Identification and Control at Wageningen University & Research (WUR).
At Biometrics, the integration of the chair groups Applied Mathematics and Applied Statistics and the business unit Biometris, there is a vacancy for an applied mathematician in the field of Dynamic System Identification and Control. He/she will initiate, acquire and carry out projects in several different application areas, in collaboration with other WUR groups as well as external (industrial) partners. The position is at the Business Unit of Biometris, where the emphasis is on contract research. Close collaboration with the colleagues from the Applied Mathematics chair group, where a tenure-track position is open on this topic, is envisioned. The current position, though initially planned for two years, could, depending on performance and market potential, become permanent.
The candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Carry out scientific projects in the field of dynamic system identification and control: a.o., to analyse and implement models of biological and agricultural systems, carry out simulations, and perform optimization and calibration;
- Acquire new projects with external partners (both bilateral and in national and international consortia) as well as with other WUR groups;
- Report scientific findings to customers and end users, as well as in conferences and peer-reviewed scientific literature.
- a competitive gross salary of between € 2.836 and € 5.268, per month;
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and cadidate can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4% (as of December 2021);
- excellent pension scheme.
- A PhD in applied mathematics, control theory, physics, or related field
- At least two years of experience
- Affinity with applied research
- Excellent communication skills
Interested applicants for the Senior Researcher in Dynamic System Identification and Control, are to apply below and attach the following documents:
- Full curriculum vitae
- Motivation letter specifically addressing the position
- Two letters of references.
To apply for Senior Researcher in Dynamic System Identification and Control, click here.
Application Deadline: March 01, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.