Wageningen University & Research invites a highly motivated interaction designer with a passion for environmental science to apply for the position of Senior Researcher Interaction Design of Applications in the Environmental Domain.
They are looking for an experienced colleague with a track record in the interaction design of applications in environmental research projects, including decision support tools, and interactive tools for climate information.
Candidates have an affinity for the user-friendliness, workflow, and efficiency of applications as well as the look and feel (UX); and involve users and stakeholders in all steps of the design and development process. They have experience with data- and information visualization, GIS, scrum, agile methodology, and techniques for user-centered design and evaluation.
For the Senior Researcher Interaction Design of Applications in the Environmental Domain position, the candidate will:
- oversee the research domain and developments within interaction design;
- help develop a vision for the team and coach the team members in the required expertise development;
- tailor propositions to policy, societal and market needs and actively contribute to the acquisition of new projects;
- be involved in projects as an interaction designer, sometimes in the role of project leader, in which they lead multidisciplinary research teams, overseeing the work and maintaining communication with the customer;
- network and set up collaborations with colleagues in adjacent research areas within Wageningen Environmental Research, within WUR, with relevant government organizations, and with market parties, so that user-friendly, efficient, and impactful applications are created;
- disseminate the research results in scientific publications, at conferences, and in stakeholder and client-oriented formats.
The Senior Researcher Interaction Design of Applications in the Environmental Domain offers;
- a competitive gross salary of between €3.989,- and €5.989,- for a full-time working week of 36 hours
- working hours that can be discussed and arranged so that they allow for the best possible work-life balance;
- the option to accrue additional compensation hours by working more, up to 40 hours per week;
- sabbatical leave, study leave, and partially paid parental leave;
- there is a strong focus on vitality and you can make use of the sports facilities available on campus for a small fee;
- a fixed December bonus of 4%;
- excellent pension scheme.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
- a PhD or master’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, or other relevant degrees
- at least three years of experience with applied research, IT projects, and/or innovation processes;
- experience in leading multidisciplinary projects and acquisition of funding for research projects;
- strong analytical skills;
- team worker, collaborative personality with visionary leadership
- excellent oral and written communication skills in English (C1 level) and preferably Dutch, including experience in presenting and publishing research results;
- non-Dutch candidates should be able and willing to learn Dutch quickly with an intensive course and to at least B2 level in the first year
To apply for the Senior Researcher Interaction Design of Applications in the Environmental Domain, click here
Application Deadline: September 05, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.