The Faculty of Science and Institute of Environmental Sciences seeks a Software developer / Scientist in Industrial Ecology at Leiden University Netherlands.
The faculty is looking for a software developer or researcher with good programming skills to support them in ongoing international LCA research projects. The candidate is also expected to take the lead in further developing the Activity Browser open source LCA software. It is based on the bright way framework and has a rapidly growing user base. Although the university is looking for a self-motivated candidate that will take on his/her projects both from a scientific and software development perspective, the candidate can rely on the profound experience with LCA and the previous development of the Activity Browser.
- Programming support in LCA projects;
- Further development of the Activity Browser and bright way.
- Salary range, depending on training and experience, is from € 2.790,- € 4.402 gross per month,
- An attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %),
- Training and career development and sabbatical leave.,
- Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break.
To be eligible for this position, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Solid programming knowledge, preferably in Python. Previous experience with software development is a plus;
- Independent mind and own initiative to contribute to LCA projects and software;
- Ability to work in a team and to actively seek out to project partners;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and good communication skills;
- An interest in sustainability. Knowledge in the fields of industrial ecology, LCA, or related disciplines is a plus, but not strictly required.
To apply for this vacancy, applicants are to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure to upload the following additional documents quoting the vacancy number:
- A motivation letter;
- The names and phone numbers of two referees.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official site.