Southwest University (SWU) offers a Chinese Government Scholarship to graduate students from any African university, especially Ain Shams University in Egypt, who wish to enroll in the “Doctoral Program in Pharmaceutical Sciences of Ain Shams University in Egypt.”
The Discipline of Pharmaceutical Sciences is entitled as the Important Support Discipline for National Biology First-Class Discipline, Key Discipline of Chongqing, and the First-Class Cultivation Discipline of SWU. Via academic lectures, lab studies, and practice in a Chinese Traditional Medicine pharmaceutical business, the program aims to develop PhDs with strong experimental capacity, systematic pharmaceutical experience, and independent scientific research ability.
Moreover, students will gain an understanding of Chinese history and culture, the development history and research status of Traditional Chinese Medicine, the frontier technology and development pattern of traditional medicine research, the primary core knowledge and skills of traditional medicine research and development, and scientific research thinking as a result of their studies in this program.
The Southwest University scholarship covers:
- Tuition fees,
- CNY 3,500 Yuan as monthly living allowance
- laboratory experiment,
- accommodation on campus, and
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance.
A scholarship candidate must meet the following requirements:
- be a resident of a country in Africa;
- be fit and healthy;
- When applying, one must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40;
- be unaffiliated with any other form of scholarship;
- Requirements for GPA and Language:
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher on a scale of 4.0, or an 80 percent or higher out of a possible 100 percent.
- English proficiency certificate from the previous institute or IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL iBT 85 and above.
The following documents are required for the Southwest University scholarship:
- Resume and passport of the applicant
- Proposal for research in English (not less than 2000 words).
- List of any published academic papers or other academic accomplishments,
- Diploma and transcript for a master’s degree Documents written in languages other than Chinese or English must be accompanied by notarized English copies.
- For non-English speakers, an English proficiency certificate from a previous institute, or an IELTS or Internet-based TOEFL certificate.
- Two signatures and contact details on recommendation letters from professors or associate professors.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: June 15, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.