The second cohort of Fellows for the Stanford University Center for Innovation in Global Health and Woods Institute for the Environment and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship is now accepting applications.
This program seeks to foster the professional development of a new generation of planetary health researchers and ambassadors committed to protecting health on a changing planet – and developing solutions for a healthier future. Nevertheless, the Fellowship focuses on planetary health, defined as “the health of human civilization and the state of the natural systems on which it depends,” as an area in urgent need of investigation.
- Fellows are to present their research both internally and at international meetings, as well as publish their research findings in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Fellows will also have the opportunity to contribute to teaching, for example as teaching assistants or guest lecturers, on relevant courses at Stanford and LSHTM.
- Also, they may also be asked to hold office hours to meet with LSHTM and Stanford students when requested.
The Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellows will receive a postdoctoral salary, full benefits, and modest travel and fieldwork budgets.
- The Planetary Health Fellowship program is open to early-career researchers who have successfully completed their doctoral degree.
- Demonstrated interest and prior research output at the intersections of health and environment is a prerequisite.
- However, since the language of instruction is English, a high-level proficiency in the English language is a requirement of the Fellowship.
The Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship application process will go through an online portal and will have two stages.
Interested applicants are welcome to submit a CV and a personal statement outlining reasons for applying and primary research interests.
Stage 2 Shortlisted applicants must submit:
•A statement outlining research to date, career goals, and how this Fellowship will support career progression (maximum 1 page)
•An outline of a proposed research project to be conducted during the Fellowship (maximum 1 page)
•A 5-minute video introducing yourself and describing plans for the Fellowship
•Preference for being based at Stanford or LSHTM
•List of two Faculty at Stanford and two Faculty at LSHTM that you’d like to work with.
•Two letters of recommendation, preferably from previous academic supervisors.
•If still a PhD candidate, a letter from the current PhD Supervisor assuring the Selection Committee that the candidate will be awarded their PhD no later than September 1, 2022.
To apply for the Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship, click here.
Deadline: January 31, 2022.
For more information on Planetary Health Postdoctoral Fellowship, visit the official site.