Application is ongoing for the Stellenbosch University Postgraduate scholarship 2021.
Stellenbosch University aims to become Africa’s leading research-intensive university, globally recognized as excellent, inclusive, and innovative, where they advance knowledge in service of society. Full and Partial Scholarships are available based on criteria set per faculty. International students may also apply.
All scholarship awards will be made on condition that the applicant meets all of the requirements of the scholarship as well as the admission requirements of the relevant degree programme. Applicants are advised that the University may require additional information, over and above the information supplied in the application, in order to reach a decision about the suitability of any candidate for the award of a scholarship.
Successful candidates may not hold another full scholarship in conjunction with this scholarship. Continuation of funding will be subject to satisfactory progress reports. Master’s and doctoral recipients will be expected to draft at least one article for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
Duration: duration varies according to program
The short-term research scholarship includes:
- Tuition Fees
- a flat-rate travel allowance
- a monthly scholarship payment for living costs
- health/accident/personal liability insurance.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Honors scholarships: Applicants must have achieved an average mark of at least 60% in the final year of their undergraduate degree.
- Master’s scholarships: Applicants must have achieved a mark of at least 65% for their Honours degree.
- Doctoral scholarships: Applicants must have achieved a mark of at least 65% for their Master’s degree or 65% for the research component in the case of coursework masters programmes.
- Applicants for PG Diplomas or candidates planning on pursuing their studies on a part-time basis are not eligible for this scholarship programme.
- Applicants must have been accepted by a supervisor
- An applicant must either have an approved research proposal, or the bursary may be awarded conditionally on the approval of a research proposal by the Faculty Board at its first meeting of the proposed year of study
The following documents are required and should be uploaded as a single PDF):
- Concise academic CV
- Copy of ID document / Passport – for international students.
- Doctoral scholarship applicants should also attach an approved proposal or at least a pre-proposal in the form of a concept note.
- Letter of support from a prospective supervisor for Master and Doctoral scholarship applicants. Certified copies of their complete academic record and degree certificates.
Deadline: November 13, 2020
For more information and application, visit the official site.