The call for applications is open for SI scholarships for Global Professionals master’s studies in Sweden, starting in the autumn of 2021.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and region.
The program is funded by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders
Swedish Institute scholarship fully covers:
- Tuition fees to the Swedish university paid directly by SI at the beginning of each semester.
- Monthly payment of SEK 10,000 to cover living expenses throughout the scholarship.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders(NFGL) – a platform to help candidates grow professionally and build their network while in Sweden.
- After the scholarship period has ended, candidates gain membership to the SI Alumni Network.
- For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe the scholarship also includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply to students already living in Sweden.
To be qualified for Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals,
- applicant must be a citizen of a SI Global Professional´s eligible country.
- have sufficient documented proof of work and leadership experience.
- He/she must follow the application steps of university admission, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs on time.
- Applicant must have demonstrated leadership experience from his/her current or previous employment or civil society.
Applications should include:
- Motivation letter
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of valid passport.
Deadline: February 18, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.