The Teaching Institute of Biology, Utrecht University invites applications for Teaching Innovation and Digital Support Officer of Biology.
The Teaching Institute of Biology supports and advises teachers in developing e-learning modules and helps teachers implement educational software. Consequently, They can continuously improve and further develop the quality and efficiency of their bachelor and master programmes. At the moment 70 modules are already in use, based on a variety of digital platforms.
The Institute is responsible for the curriculum and staffing of the Bachelor programme Biology and its operational management. The institute is also active in researching and implementing teaching innovations and is in very close contact with the staff of the research groups that are responsible for the courses of the Biology Bachelor.
Duration: The position is for a year
As Teaching Innovation and Digital Support Officer, the candidate will:
- translate questions from teachers into a plan to improve their (digital) teaching;
- develop various types of e-learning modules, including tutorials and practicals, using different digital platforms;
- train teachers to use e-learning platforms and educational software;
- introduce new platforms and/or innovations by participating in university and (inter)national networks;
- support teachers technically as well as educationally in the implementation and/or use of e-learning and educational software as used for e-learnings, practicals, LMS, and video recordings.
The Teaching Innovation and Digital Support Officer of Biology offers:
- A full-time gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience – ranges between €2,818 and €4,670 per month.
- Benefits include an 8% holiday bonus and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- A pension scheme partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions based on the Collective Labour Agreement of Dutch Universities.
Eligible candidates should:
- Have graduated as a Biologist, Biomedical Scientist, or a related discipline (MSc/ PhD);
- recognize himself in one or more of the following characteristics; proven communication skills, team player spirit, ability to think critically and creatively, accurate, structured, efficient, in control, enthusiastic and highly motivated;
- like to work on a project basis and are able to work independently;
- be proficient in Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
Applications should include the following information:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- letter of motivation; clearly outlining why this position interests him/her;
- the names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least two references.
To apply for the Teaching Innovation and Digital Support Officer of Biology, click here.
Application Deadline: November 07, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.