The University of Groningen welcomes applications for the Teaching position in the Department of Computing Science at the University of Groningen, Netherland.
The School of Science and Engineering has several vacancies for teachers in the Computing Science degree programs (Bachelor’s and Master’s). For these programs, the teaching staff is mostly associated with the Department of Computing Science of the Bernoulli Institute of Mathematics, Computing Science, and Artificial Intelligence. In these programs teaching is conducted in English, promoting an international setting, and has a focus on research-driven education.
Successful candidates will:
- deliver existing modules in the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs in Computing Science,
- develop new course materials and methods
- supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s students during their research projects on topics in Computing Science
- take part in the program’s outreach, management, and informational activities
- participate in training and professionalization activities, in coordination with their supervisor.
Start Date: September 1, 2021
- a salary depending on the level of experience with a minimum of € 2,790 up to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month
- an appointment for one year, with the possibility of extension for one more year, depending on the developments within the organization and a positive evaluation during the Result and Development Interview;
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and an 8.3% year-end bonus.
Qualified candidates for this position must
- have a Ph.D. or a Master’s degree, preferably in Computing Science, or a related field
- have excellent teaching skills
- preferably have experience in teaching at the university level
possess cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communicative skills
- be fluent in English
- have the willingness to integrate within an international group and enjoy working with young people with various cultural and educational backgrounds.
Interested applicants should include the following in their application
- a cover letter describing their motivation and qualifications for the position
• a statement of their teaching goals and experience.
Application Deadline: April 16, 2021.
For more information and application, click here.