Applications are currently open for a temporary Lecturer Position in Economic and Social History at Utrecht University in the Netherlands.
The Department of History and Art History seeks to appoint a temporary lecturer in Social History and Economics. The lecturer will be involved in high-quality teaching and supervision tasks within the regular programs offered by the Economic and Social History group on the BA and MA levels. Candidates are expected to teach a wide range of subjects, including those beyond their expertise, and will also be expected to teach in Dutch.
Duration: 3-4 years
- A gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience – ranges between €3,974 and €5,439.
- A holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year.
- In addition, Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme, (partly paid) parental leave, and flexible employment conditions
The successful candidates for the Temporary Lecturer Position in Economic and Social History will have:
- experience teaching undergraduate students and a commitment to thesis supervision and internships;
- a clear teaching philosophy, which should be elaborated on in the letter of motivation;
- a PhD degree or far advanced PhD trajectory in Social History and Economics or a related discipline;
- the ambition and ability to contribute fully to the academic life of the research group and the department.
Written applications should address each of the criteria mentioned under Qualifications, and include the following documents:
- cover letter, including motivation and teaching philosophy;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- one or two-course evaluations.
To apply for a Temporary Lecturer Position in Economic and Social History, click here.
Application Deadline: September 28, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.