The Department of Global Economics & Management at the University of Groningen welcomes applications from qualified candidates for its Tenure Track Assistant Professor Global Economics & Management.
Successful candidates will have the ability to conduct high-quality, creative research in the areas of interest to the department and publish their work in high-ranked international journals. They will work in a dynamic academic environment with excellent research facilities.
Based on the standardized faculty procedures, they will devote 50 percent of their contractual hours to research during their tenure track period.
Regarding teaching, candidates will contribute to courses in the Bachelor of Science (BSc) and Master of Science (MSc) programs offered by the department, including the supervision of Bachelor’s and Master’s theses. Contribution to the highly selective two-year Research Master is also possible. They are expected to have management qualities, show leadership skills, and be able to provide motivation and supervision.
- The gross salary – depending on previous qualifications and experience – ranges between €2,838 and €4,474
- Annual holiday allowance of 8% of the yearly salary, plus a year-end allowance of 8.3% of the annual salary.
- A broad package of fringe benefits (including an excellent technical infrastructure, moving expenses, and savings schemes).
- Family-friendly initiatives such as an international spouse program, and excellent on-campus children day care and sports facilities.
To qualify for the position in Economics & Management, applicants must have
- a PhD in (International) Economics, International Business
- an expertise in the above-mentioned field proven by the ability (or the potential) to publish in the top-tier international academic peer-reviewed journals
- a proven interest and ability in developing courses and teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level and in mentoring students
- an international network
- good interpersonal skills and ability to work individually and with a team
- organizational qualities and excellent communication skills; and
- potentials to generate external funding for research projects.
Applicants are to apply Tenure Track Assistant Professor Global Economics & Management for the providing the following documents:
- A motivation letter
- A curriculum vitae
- One self-selected “best paper” and three letters of recommendation
- Teaching evaluations (if available)
- A short statement of their research accomplishments and future research goals.
To apply for the Tenure Track Assistant Professor Global Economics & Management, click here.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021.
For more information about the Tenure Track Assistant Professor Global Economics & Management, visit the official site.