The Faculty of Aerospace Engineering at the Delft University of Technology invites applications for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor position of Miniaturised Space Systems.
Future space systems will heavily rely on miniaturized satellites. These satellites may have limited capacity as compared to large satellites, but they can be very cost- and time effective. Furthermore, when they work together, the system performance can be enhanced, and in some cases, unprecedented functionalities can be realized. An example is CubeSats, which boosted the development of very small satellites and enabled new applications such as the daily update of global remote sensing observations. These applications stress the potential, in particular, of scientific opportunities using miniaturized space systems. However, the advancement of such systems requires further research to optimize their capabilities at various levels.
Duration: A tenure-track position for 6 years.
- Salary and benefits are by the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- The TU Delft offers a customizable compensation package and a monthly work costs contribution.
To qualify for the Tenure Track Assistant Professor position of Miniaturised Space Systems, applicants must have:
- A proven background in a science or engineering domain that can contribute to the development of miniaturised space systems, demonstrated by a PhD degree in a relevant discipline;
- An outstanding research record as demonstrated by excellent publications;
- A passion for the engineering of real space systems;
- The capability to contribute to high-quality teaching demonstrated by teaching experience at university level;
- Passion for teaching and engaging with students;
- The ability to initiate and direct research projects demonstrated by obtained external funding;
- Excellent communication and soft skills;
- An international profile with an active international network of scientific contacts;
- You are open minded and a team player.
Applicants are welcome to apply before via the application button below and upload their application material, including:
- a cover letter (please clearly indicate how your interest/experience is linked with and complement the aforementioned research areas and teaching activities),
- a detailed CV (including publication list, contributions to education and valorisation achievements),
- research and education statement,
- two reference letters, and other information that might be relevant to the application.
Deadline: May 01, 2023.
For more information on Tenure Track Assistant Professor of Miniaturised Space Systems, visit the official site.