The Faculty of Science and the Leiden Institute of Physics invites applications for a full-time Tenure track faculty position in theoretical physics, Netherland.
Leiden University attaches much importance to diversity and in particular welcomes applications from groups that are underrepresented in the institution. Also, the Ministry for Education, Culture, and Science, which is funding the position, strives for gender balance in tenured positions.
They are particularly interested in candidates with a focus on theoretical biophysics and complex systems (e.g. cell and tissue mechanics, self-organization in biological matter, biological and non-biological networks, econophysics, etc.) and/or with a unique approach that connects with our research lines in quantum matter and information, particle physics and cosmology. The Lorentz Institute seeks “unity in diversity”, and we welcome candidates who can bridge different research paths in theoretical physics.
- Establishing an independent, internationally recognized research line in quantum information science;
- Teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level in physics;
- Supervision of BSc and MSc students in their thesis work;
- Acquisition of external funds through research grants;
- Contribution to the inclusive atmosphere, management, and organization of the institute.
- Salary ranging from € 3.746 to € 5.127, ross per month,
- Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %),
- Candidates from outside the Netherlands may be eligible for a substantial tax break,
- Training and career development, and
- Sabbatical leave.
- Ph.D. degree in physics and research experience at the postdoctoral level;
- Demonstrated strong interest in an academic career through activities and publication record;
- Strong commitment to teaching and willingness to further develop teaching skills.
- Excellent communications skills in English, both written and verbal.
Interested applicants should send the following documents for application,
- a cover letter,
- a CV with a link to their Google Scholar page,
- a research plan, and
- names of three persons who can be contacted for a reference
to Fran Ouwerkerk at email@example.com.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.