The Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development at Utrecht University invites applications for tenure-track faculty positions at the Assistant Professor level in the Environmental Sciences group.
Utrecht University is seeking for highly self-motivated natural science-oriented and quantitative scientists in the field of environmental sciences. Human-induced pressures such as climate change increased food production, and deforestation are altering terrestrial systems.
With a new position on Global Change Modelling, they aim to contribute to the solution of these challenges in environmental sciences while also increasing their fundamental knowledge of the system.
From the research perspective, a systematic analysis is needed of the human imprint on the environment and how long-term interactions between human development and the natural environment will change. This research should be based on system approaches that are able to look at the relevant linkages, across scales and between different challenges. The so-called nexus between land, water and energy resources plays a key role in many of these interactions.
Duration: 6 years
- Candidate should be able to assess the possible future development of drivers of environmental degradation and the state of environmental systems.
- Should have an interest in how science can provide a key role in providing policy-relevant information for national and international policies.
- He/she is expected to develop an internationally renowned research line at the Copernicus Institute of Sustainable Development.
- AS well as contribute to the acquisition and execution of externally funded projects, including acquisition and supervision of PhD students.
- The candidate will teach in the BSc programme Global Sustainability Science; in the MSc programmes Sustainable Development, and Water, Science and Management; and supervise Bachelor’s and Master’s projects.
- The gross salary ranges from €3,746 and €5,127 per month
- An excellent pension scheme and flexible employment conditions
- Holiday and a year-end bonus.
Candidate should meet the following requirements:
- have a PhD and profound knowledge of integrated global modelling and sustainability problems;
- have experience with and an interest in academic teaching;
- Also, have a network for the acquisition of externally funded projects;
- are able to demonstrate English language proficiency at C1 level (CEFR or comparable to level 3 of the Lecturer Assessment Grid) or prepared to obtain this level by training.
- have a record of international peer-reviewed publications;
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
Utrecht University welcome employees with a wide variety of backgrounds and perspectives.
Interested applicants should send their CV, including a letter of motivation via the ‘apply’ button below.
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: December 10, 2020
For more information visit the official site.