The department of Physiology at Radboud Medical University seeks applicants who can strengthen the position in the field of epithelial ion transport with a focus on rare kidney diseases and the development of advanced experimental models.
In this assistant professor position, the department aims to further enhance its current cell and tissue culture systems. They are actively improving current cell cultures by introducing advanced culture membranes and flow in our epithelial cell systems. Moreover, they aim to develop novel epithelial cell systems for functional electrolyte transport measurements by immortalizing primary cells and by developing organ-specific organoids.
Recently, organoids have been developed into innovative tools to study normal and diseased organs. Although protocols are still being developed, iPSCs derived organoids already demonstrate higher expression levels of channels and transporters than most epithelial cell lines.
At the stage of assistant professor, 65% of candidate time is for research, 25% for teaching activities, and 10% for organizational tasks.
- Develop your own research line and contribute to research lines in our department in the area of epithelial ion transport in the intestine and/or kidney.
- Supervise PhD candidates.
- Acquire external funding.
- Promote the societal relevance of your research.
- Work in an inspiring team of fundamental and translation scientists and lecturers to discuss, plan and perform research in an international environment.
- Teach in and contribute to the development of the degree programs in Biology, Biomedical Sciences and Medicine (BSc & MSc level).
- Contribute to the organization of the faculty, for example by participating in working groups and committees, in the domains of teaching, research and management.
Duration: A full-time employment for 5 years.
- A gross monthly salary of € 3922 to € 5383.
- Radboud university medical center pays 70% of the pension premium.
- Discount on health insurance.
- An annual vacation allowance of 8%, and an end-of-year bonus of 8.3%.
The department seeks applicants with:
- PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences.
- 2-7 years of experience as postdoctoral researcher.
- Independent and a well-structured working style
- Track record of personal in competition obtained funding.
- Demonstrated success in high impact publication as first or senior author.
- Experience with supervision of PhD candidates.
- A strong motivation to succeed in scientific research.
The application should include;
- a curriculum vitae, including a list of their publications;
- a brief cover letter discussing applicants interests about this position;
- Academic transcripts
- Reference letter.
To apply for the tenure track position on Rare Kidney Diseases, click here.
Application Deadline: November 08, 2021.
For more information on this position on Rare Kidney Diseases, visit the official site.