Applications are currently ongoing for the TETFUND Alliance for Innovative Research (TETFAIR) for University Lecturers in Nigeria.
TETFAIR is a year-long programme, sponsored by TETFUND. This a unique opportunity for researchers and academics in Nigerian Universities to transform their ideas into market-driven solutions, Including the development and fabrication of prototypes.
Selected teams of researchers and academic staff, who have ideas for innovative solutions in one of our areas of focus, will be taken through a journey that combines Technology and product development along with venture creation.
The areas of focus include:
- Agriculture and Food Technology
- Environment, Energy & Circular Economy
- Health & Accessibility
- Information Communication Technology
- Transportation, Aviation & Shipping
- Streamlining / Improving Production Processes
Duration: 12 months.
The 12-month journey runs both in person and online and includes:
- Practical training, tailored mentorship, integration of tools for entrepreneurial and creative thinking and behavior, business model development, alongside product and technology development methodologies, advanced design methods, and familiarity with the world of patents and economic aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Access to the INNOV8 HUB in Abuja – an ultramodern fabrication and innovation center designated for the development of prototypes with the support of professional experts.
- An all-expense paid training in Abuja which will cover flights, accommodation, feeding, and daily stipends.
- Opportunity to showcase the innovations to relevant potential design partners/ strategic partners/ investors (local and foreign)
- The journey is designed and facilitated in collaboration with international experts from the acclaimed Zell entrepreneurship program. The technology development journey will include hands-on support from experts in collaboration with Makelab.
- Applicants should be a team of between 2 to 4 researchers/academic staff, from a Nigerian university (TETFund enlisted beneficiary Institution).
- The idea should be one of the areas of focus.
- Their team should include multidisciplinary complementary skills that can potentially take the idea (with Tetfund help and mentorship) from an idea, through the development and fabrication of the prototype to a market-driven product.
Ideally, the team should include:
- A member who has an idea for an innovative solution and has relevant knowledge and skills.
- A member who has additional complementary relevant skills (technical/scientific/mechanical/medical/engineering, depending on your area of focus).
- And a member with financial/business/entrepreneurial skills or orientation.
- Their innovation should be at the idea stage or early stages of development.
- Ideally, their invention should include a hardware/physical element (Not only digital elements).
The application form will be filled out by one team member representing the team and the idea. Before starting the application process please make sure to have:
- Personal details and contact details of all the team members (Name, address, Date of birth, email, phone, Degree, and role)
- A PowerPoint presentation saved as a PDF that includes 3 slides max.
- Video link – if there is any relevant video they would want to share.
- This Endorsement Form was signed by their vice chancellor’s office.
- The application platform involves recording a video of oneself, therefore applicants are to use a device that has a camera for the application process.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: October 31, 2023.
For more information, visit the official site.