The 2023 African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship Award is open for submission.
APNI’s core competence in plant nutrition research and development is well-positioned to activate the fundamental changes needed for the sustainable transformation of agricultural systems in Africa. They aim to enhance plant nutrition for a resilient and food-secure Africa.
Of particular interest is on-going research that is aligned with at least one of APNI’s high priority initiatives including: 4R Nutrient Stewardship, Nutrient and Water Management Innovations for Resilient Agriculture for African Drylands, Soil Health Nutrient Management and Diagnostics, Precision Farming, and Farmer-led On-farm Innovation.
A description of how the Fellowship will lead to improved outreach or implementation of appropriate soil fertility management in agricultural systems is important for in the application. This will outline any new initiatives, data synthesis, communication tools, training events, or travel that will be conducted with the award funds. Include sufficient detail to permit evaluation of the work’s originality, its innovative approaches, and potential impact
- Awards of USD $5,000 each are available to two innovative African scientists, extension specialists, or educators.
- The Fellowship will support education, training, and communication programs relevant to improving the use and efficiency of plant nutrients in African agro-ecosystems.
- Full-time scientists, extension specialists or educators working at an African NARES institution (National Agricultural Research and Extension System), university, non-profit organization, or in the private sector are eligible. Students are not eligible for this award.
- Applicants must submit a creative plan addressing knowledge gaps or needed synthesis of existing information for accelerated delivery and adoption of improved soil fertility management practices in Africa.
- Evidence of partnerships and collaboration will be favourably reviewed.
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
In order to complete the application process, you will need to submit the following in either English or French:
- A description of how the Fellowship will lead to improved outreach or implementation of appropriate soil fertility management in agricultural systems.
- Electronic copy of two letters of support, one of which should be from the applicant’s supervisor.
- Letters must be signed and written on official letterhead and include the phone number and e-mail address of the letter writer.
- A resume/CV that includes academic degrees and relevant publications/communication products dealing with aspects of soil fertility management.
- A short report on how the funds were used to support the outcomes of the proposal will be required at the end of the award period.
- Upload documents during the on-line application process.
To apply for The 2023 African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship Award, click here
Deadline: September 30, 2023.
For more information on The 2023 African Plant Nutrition Outreach Fellowship Award, visit the official site.