A call for applications is open for the 2023 Hurford Youth Fellowship Program in Washington D.C.
The Hurford Program seeks to build leadership skills, enhance organizational talents and harness the potential of emerging democratic leaders from around the world. Through the Fellowship program, youth activists spend three months in Washington D.C. during which they expand their global network, learn lessons from activists from democracy movements around the world, and contribute to the development of the World Movement for Democracy. Fellows will be expected to organize online discussions to generate active engagement among youth activists around the world.
Specifically, each fellow will engage in the following activities: ‘
- Conduct research on one topic related to the democracy themes above.
- Develop online resources, such as a collection of related publications and training materials
- Facilitate online discussions. Ø Contribute to the World Movement social media posts.
- Take part in planning and implementing other activities of the World Movement.
- Participate in relevant events and discussions in Washington, D.C., to deepen understanding of issues and build working relationships.
- Identify, compile, present, and creatively share discussion materials and results.
- Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C.
- Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, including internet and email access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long-distance phone calls.
To qualify for the 2023 Hurford Youth Fellowship Program in Washington D.C., the following applies:
- The Hurford Youth Fellows Program is open to applicants from any country.
- Applicants must be no older than 30 years of age.
- They must demonstrate a strong interest in democratic activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide.
- Youth affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply.
- A working knowledge of English is an important prerequisite for participation in the program for general communication purposes.
Selection will be based on a set of criteria including
- demonstrated activism or interest in the advancement of democracy,
- a desire to network with others, and
- a clear explanation of how the fellowship will benefit their own efforts for advancing democracy.
Applicants are asked to submit the following:
- Applicant Form;
- C.V./Resume; and
- Two Letters of Recommendation
To apply for The 2023 Hurford Youth Fellowship Program in Washington D.C., click here
Deadline: July 31, 2023.
For more information on The 2023 Hurford Youth Fellowship Program in Washington D.C., visit the official site.