The call for applications is open for the Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for Postgraduate Study for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship is a life-changing leadership journey. The scholarship combines financial support with a leadership program that will challenge students, grow them, and connect them to young African changemakers – just like them.
The Mandela Rhodes Scholarship offers comprehensive funding for the core costs associated with students’ studies. It covers tuition for a one-year Honours degree or a two-year Master’s degree in any field at a recognized South African institution of higher education. This includes tuition and registration fees, allowances for study materials, research, and medical aid, accommodation and, meals, personal allowance and, economy class travel to and from their home country to their South African university at the beginning and end of their degree. You will also receive a personal allowance.
The 2023 Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for Postgraduate Study includes
- Tuition and registration fees as set by your university or institution
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF
- A personal allowance as set by the MRF
- Research and conferencing grants can be made available on request
- Economy-class flights for international scholars from their home countries to their institutions at the start and end of their studies
The 2023 Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for Postgraduate Study program is open to:
- Students who are citizens of an African country, no matter where they are currently living or studying, are eligible.
- Applicants should be between the ages of 19 and 29 at the time of applying
- Must be academically strong
- Must also have demonstrated leadership on their campus or in their community.
Interested applicants are welcome to apply online and upload the following documents:
- certificates of completion for their degrees,
- transcripts of their academic results, and
- Scanning of their ID and passport documents.
- three letters of recommendation
- two short essays, one on their personal journey, and one on a specific question relating to Rhodes’s principles.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: April 20, 2023.
For more information About the 2023 Mandela Rhodes Scholarship for Postgraduate Study, visit the official site.