Applications are welcome for the 8th International Conference on Sovereign Bond Markets hosted by the Bank of England, London with the theme “Sovereign Capital Markets in Pandemic Times”
The coronavirus pandemic presented numerous unprecedented challenges to central banks in both industrialized countries and emerging markets. The sudden global recession, the often-interrupted recovery, the displacement of labor, capital, and financial resources all required policymakers to adopt new strategies, often untested, in order to provide liquidity to the markets, reduce the cost of capital, and ultimately foster rapid economic growth – all the while the pandemic continued to destabilize the pre-existing economic and geopolitical order.
These actions raise numerous questions about their rationale and effectiveness as well as about their potential distortions on both Wall Street and Main Street – from inflationary pressures to a liquidity glut to excessive risk-taking to volatility and financial instability.
The Conference will also feature panel discussions on the major outstanding issues in sovereign bond markets.
They solicit theoretical and empirical papers on the interactions between conventional and unconventional monetary policy, foreign exchange and sovereign debt markets, and the macroeconomy in coronavirus times. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
1. Unconventional monetary policies and market maker of last resort functions of central banks during the pandemic and
- the pricing of financial assets and exchange rates
- the risk taking by banks
- spillovers and network effects to other developed and emerging markets
- spillovers and network effects across asset classes
- currency regimes
2. The impact of pandemic-motivated monetary and fiscal policies on the sovereign bond markets
3. Financial stability in a post-pandemic world:
- sovereign risk and bank-sovereign “doom loop”
- financial dislocations and their real effects
Conference Theme: “Sovereign Capital Markets in Pandemic Times”
Conference Date: April 07-08, 2022.
Venue: Bank of England, London
Those wishing to present a paper at the Conference should submit their paper at email@example.com.
Paper submissions: January 25, 2022.
Participant registration: March 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.