The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) invites all interested students to apply for the African Master’s in Machine Intelligence (AMMI) Scholarship program 2022.
AMMI is a unique, one-year intense graduate program that delivers cutting-edge training in machine learning and its applications to talented young Africans. The program, on the other hand, trains well-rounded machine intelligence researchers who can respond to Africa’s and the world’s current and future demands.
The African Masters of Machine Intelligence program was inaugurated at AIMS in 2018 thanks to the generous assistance of Facebook and Google, as well as the worldwide AI community. Nevertheless, the goal of AMMI is to bring the best of AI education in Africa and contribute to building a healthy ecosystem of AI practitioners committed to making a positive impact on our societies.
All students in the AMMI program are automatically granted a full scholarship.
- A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or a recognized equivalent from an accredited institution;
- A satisfactory scholastic average, usually a minimum average of B (or 80%) or better;
- Interest and/or background in artificial intelligence, machine learning etc. demonstrated in courses taken and projects undertaken;
- Consent to mentor an undergraduate student at previous institution while enrolled at AMMI;
- Consent to mentor an AMMI student after graduation;
- Strong interest in solving national or continental problems using science and technology.
Applications to the African Masters of Machine Intelligence scholarship program must include;
- résumé/curriculum vitae
- a personal statement
- three letters of recommendation
- academic transcripts.
To apply for an AMMI scholarship, click here.
Deadline: November 30, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.