Applications are welcome for the British Academy Global Professorships program 2022 for Mid-career Scholars in the UK.
This programme provides mid-career to senior scholars – active in any discipline within the social sciences and the humanities and based in any country overseas – with the opportunity to work in the UK for four years. With the Global Professorships, the Academy is looking to support academics that are proposing ambitious, beyond the state-of-the-art applications that break new ground. The Academy views the Global Professorships as an opportunity to apply to undertake high-risk, curiosity-driven research in the humanities and social sciences that enables the award-holders and their UK host institutions to achieve a step-change in their respective research programmes.
Nevertheless, the program’s mission is to recruit outstanding global known scholars to further their specific research aims while strengthening the UK’s commitment to international research alliances and collaboration in the humanities and social sciences.
The Academy will provide up to £900,000 per award.
- Applicants must hold a doctoral degree (or have equivalent research experience).
- Applicants must be available to take up an unpaid leave of absence, a long-term secondment or employment at an eligible UK institution.
- There are no co-applicants permissible. Individuals can only apply for awards in an institutional setting.
- Awards will not be made retroactively, which means that the task for which funding is sought must have begun before the award was announced.
To apply for the British Academy Global Professorships program 2022 for Scholars in the UK:
- Applicants must submit a written expression of support from a senior member of their prospective host institution in the United Kingdom (usually a Pro-Vice-Chancellor or equivalent, or at the very least the Head of Department/Faculty/Institute).
- Applicants are required to nominate one academic referee who is not based at the UK host institution or at the overseas institution on which the applicant is based at the time of application and is not involved in the programme of research and other activities submitted as part of the application.
Deadline: April 27, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.