The Brookings Institution invites applications for the 2023 Echidna Global Scholars Visiting Fellowship programme.
The Echidna Global Scholars Program at the Center for Universal Education (CUE) at Brookings seeks to catalyze and amplify the impact of local leaders working to advance gender equality in and through education across the Global South.
The Global Scholars fellowship is a six-month fellowship, where Echidna Scholars conduct individual research focused on improving learning opportunities and life outcomes for girls, young women, and gender non-conforming people, develop their leadership and evidence-based policy skills, build substantive knowledge on gender and global education issues, and expand their pathways for impact.
Upon completion of the fellowship, scholars transition to the Echidna Alumni Network, a growing community of practice aimed at promoting their significant, sustained, and collective influence on gender-transformative education globally and locally.
The fellowship consists of three distinct phases:
- Pre-residency (in home country)
- Residency (Washington, D.C.)
- Post-residency (in home country)
Duration: 06 months.
Successful applicants for the Echidna Global Scholars fellowship will receive a stipend totaling $22,500 USD to support living costs during the pre-residency and residency periods. In addition, CUE will cover;
- the costs associated with the visa process,
- single-occupancy housing for the three-and-a-half-month residency period,
- round-trip travel expenses, and
- a limited health insurance plan.
Specific criteria for eligibility for the Echidna Global Scholars Visiting Fellowship:
- Substantial experience in, ties to, and a clear intent to return to a country in the Global South.
- Background in education, development, public policy, economics, or a related area; a Master’s degree (or higher) is required.
- 10+ years of professional experience in research/academia, nongovernmental, community, civil society organizations, or government.
- An intimate understanding of education development issues and gender.
- Ability to collaborate with others, openness to give and receive feedback, and capacity and desire to learn with speed and flexibility.
- All Echidna Global Scholars must demonstrate proficiency in English.
In addition to a cover letter and CV, all applicants answer a questionnaire and submit a 3-5 page proposal for a uniquely developed research project designed to increase the evidence base and improve learning opportunities and life outcomes for girls, young women, and gender non-conforming people in their countries.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: December 01, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.