The Global Sustainable Electricity Partnership (GSEP) Invites applications from young graduate students to its 2022/2022 Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) Scholarship Program.
Today, the need for globally-oriented practitioners and researchers is growing rapidly. The GSEP one-of-a-kind scholarship program fosters the next generation of energy, climate, and electricity sector specialists who will be prepared to tackle the challenges of the future.
The Education for Sustainable Energy Development (ESED) scholarship program inspires the next generation of innovators and thinkers to create a sustainable future.
The Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship awards Up to $10,000 US per year which covers tuition fees and living expenses for the year 2022-2023.
To be eligible for the Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship, prospective applicants must:
- Undertake master’s-level studies in the fields of zero-carbon energy, smart grids, electric transportation, energy storage, advanced electricity technologies, public policy, economics, law, political science, or other relevant fields.
- Be a citizen of a developing country/territory
- Pursue full-time studies for at least one full school year. Students in the second year of a two-year program are eligible to apply, provided that they meet this requirement.
- Be committed to contribute to their home country’s development after their studies
- Be an outstanding student
- Graduates with excellent grades in the top 20% of their class
- Has a history of community involvement
- Is determined to advance their knowledge and understanding
To apply, an applicant must provide an electronic copy of all the documents listed below.
- Passport (photo page only) or birth certificate
- Curriculum vitae detailing applicant’s education, work experience (if applicable), awards, and participation in volunteer and/or extracurricular activities
- Admission letter from his/her university program of choice:
- Upload an outline of the curriculum or the courses he/she will be taking for the master’s program. The applicant may alternatively share the URL of a webpage detailing his/her program of choice.
- University transcript(s)
- Two reference letters or forms
To apply for the Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship, click here.
Deadline: April 11, 2022.
For more information on the Education for Sustainable Energy Development Scholarship, visit the official site.