Applications are welcome for the Getty Residency Scholars Grants for the 2024-25 Academic Year.
The Getty Scholars Program supports researchers in advancing their knowledge of the arts and humanities and producing cutting-edge scholarship that contributes to the understanding and preservation of cultural heritage. While in residence, scholars have the opportunity to spend significant time at one of the world’s premier art history collections while contributing to an international community committed to intellectual exploration and exchange. Scholars may be in residence at the Getty Center or Getty Villa.
This year’s theme for the Getty Residency Scholars Grants for the 2024-25 Academic Year welcomes research topics that explore that which is lost, but also the urgent impulse toward preservation and permanence. Beyond loss, destruction, or mortality, the topic also seeks to explore the creative and productive possibilities that extinction may enable.
Scholar Grant recipients at the Getty Center may be in residence from three to nine months and receive varying stipends as detailed below:
- Three-month residency: September–December/January–March; $21,500 stipend
- Six-month residency: September–March/January–June; $43,000 stipend
- Nine-month residency: September–June; $65,000 stipend
- Scholar Grant applicants should have received a PhD before September 1, 2020.
- Applicants from associated fields who do not hold a PhD but have commensurate professional experience will also be considered.
Applicants need to complete and submit the online Getty Scholars Grants application form with the following attachments:
- Project Proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional Writing Sample
To apply for The Getty Residency Scholars Grants for the 2024-25 Academic Year, click here.
Deadline: October 02, 2023.
For more information on The Getty Residency Scholars Grants for 2024-25 Academic Year, visit the official site.